With great pleasure Supten Institute announces the inaugural 12-week online Certificate course on Health Informatics. The course is web-based, text-based, asynchronous.
This course is intended to introduce the basics of healthcare informatics. At the end of completion of this course, the students will be skilled in the learning objectives listed below.
- Know about basic health informatics including electronic health / medical records (EHR/EMR), telehealth (e-health and telemedicine), medical imaging, evidence- based medicine (EBM), and healthcare interoperability standards.
- Be aware of the role of hardware, software and networks used in healthcare.
- Demonstrate skills in querying medical databases (including literature) relevant to clinical management and medical research.
- Understand basic skills required to develop databases relevant to healthcare.
- Understand the use of a hospital information system (identify the data requirements enough for a requirement analysis).