- Know about basic health informatics including electronic health / medical records (EHR/EMR), telehealth (e-health and telemedicine), medical imaging, evidence- based medicine (EBM), and healthcare interoperability standards.
- Be aware of the role of hardware, software and networks used in healthcare.
- Demonstrate skills in querying medical databases (including literature) relevant to clinical management and medical research.
- Understand basic skills required to develop databases relevant to healthcare.
- Understand the use of a hospital information system (identify the data requirements enough for a requirement analysis).